Custom Search

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

http://ping.fm/flz5X
Bath For Your Pet Dog
Once you get the dog into the tub praise him/her for being so good.
Once the dog is in the tub get him wet. Make sure you avoid the ears, as water in the ears is not good for the dog. I take my plastic cup/pitcher and pour the water over the dog. You may need to talk sweetly to the dog to relax him/her.

From there I take the shampoo and squirt it along the back of the dog making a skinny line of shampoo. Wetting my hands I blend the shampoo into the coat, massaging it in. Make sure to get under the legs, on the belly and around the tail. Be careful of the face, as I ussually try to avoid this area all togther. While the shampoo is on the dog I run a comb through the coat to pull out fleas and shedding hair. Rinse the comb in the bath water after each stroke.

Use the cup to pour water over the dog and rinse him off, you may want to repeat the shampoo process for an extremely dirty dog.

If you are using a conditioner squeeze an apropriate amount out onto the ruff/dry patches of fur. For many dogs this is on the back, or near the tail. Rub it in and let it sit for a minute. As it sits, continue to comb the dog.

After you rinse the dog, let out the drain. Small dogs may become afraid of the noise so you should take them into a towel and dry them off.

No comments: